The IOGP-JIP33 initiative is updating IOGP S-705, a procurement specification for Welding of Pressure Containing Equipment and Piping to API 582 and would like to invite suppliers thereof to participate in the pre-framing phase of our maintenance process.
We have prepared a Supplier Questionnaire for Welding of Pressure Containing Equipment & Piping to API 582 Specification [Maintenance] to help us understand how IOGP S-705 has been adopted and implemented in the oil and gas industry and to ascertain how the specification can be improved during this maintenance cycle.
The questionnaire period runs for 5 weeks and will close on Friday, 01 September 2023 at 23:00 GMT.
This survey is composed of questions covering the following:
- Has the specification been referenced in any RFQs or purchase orders.
- Opportunities for further standardisation incl. common deviations/exception requests etc.
- What you consider to be essential minimum information / documentation provided for maintenance welding in accordance with S-705.
- How much inspection / intervention there normally is from purchasers.
- Your organisation’s involvement with industry standard development organizations and trade associations.
- A small number of specific technical questions.
The survey will take approximately 20-30 mins to complete. You may need to research internally within your organisation to provide some of the answers. Please note that MS forms does not allow you to save your progress in the interim.
We very much appreciate your feedback, and if you have any questions or if anything is not clear, please get in touch with us via email@example.com.
Sign up to the JIP33 mailing list here